Friday, September 13, 2013

Training?

24 Hours of Horseshoe Hell is the one big climbing event that I prepare for every year.  I have been there all seven years since it first began.  And every year I have trained for the day.  Some years it has been limited mostly to laps in the gym.  Some years I am able to get outdoors and climb a few days in the months leading up to the comp.  But this year due to a number of factors, my training days have been greatly limited.  Yes, I've got a few sessions in at the gym, but nowhere near my previous training regiment.  I spent much of this summer training to run the Pikes Peak Ascent, 13.3 miles and 7000 feet of elevation gain.  I spent the spring training for the Tour De Rock bike 100 mile bike race.  But outside of these "cross-training" events and one recent trip to Horseshoe Canyon, my training has been pretty limited this year.

My climbing partner David has been pretty limited in his training as well.  So, how will this lack of training affect our performance at 24HHH?  We will find out at the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment