Sunday, July 12, 2009

Strategy

Well the training continues as I keep battling injuries and trying to stay strong. I am still doing the rock-fit cross training, running, biking, and hiking even though my shoulder is not 100% and my back is hurting now. Perhaps I am over training? But on to 24HHH strategies.

This will be my fourth year climbing in 24HHH. Each year I've modified my strategy from the previous year and shown great improvement in the results. So the big question this year is what can we do to improve? Well Dave and I are heading to HCR on Wednesday to try out a few routes that we don't have dialed in yet. We are going to try and push our upper end routes a little higher early in the day and save some of the easier stuff for the next morning. There are also several new routes at the ranch that we haven't been on yet. We want to give those a shot so we don't have to onsite them in the middle of the night. I've also got a couple of "secret weapons" that I want to try out before the comp. More on that later!

1 comment: