Sunday, July 5, 2009

Rehab Continues

Not much news to report on the rehab of my shoulder. I've already done to weeks on a prescription non-steroidal anti-inflamatory. I can definitely tell that it's helping, but I can also still feel plenty of pain after a workout. If it's not showing improvement in 30 days, then we may try a cortisone injection. But until then, it's wait and see.

So Dave and I are continuing to work on our strength and cardio by doing workouts in the gym, running, cycling, and climbing. I believe the combination of this cross training will help get us fit to go as hard as possible for the full twenty-four hours. In previous years we've always had a little bit of a lull in the early morning hours before dawn. Sometimes it's just sitting for a few minutes while we wait for a route to open up. But this year the plan is to hit it hard and don't stop until the final shotgun blast!

I talked to Jason from HCR last week and he mentioned a few new routes that have gone up. So I think a little reconnaissance mission may be in order soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment