Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Climbing Again!

Well yesterday I got back on the ropes! I took it fairly easy climbing mostly 5.7-5.9. I did onsight a new 5.10a but that's as hard as I went. For the climbing training we will focus mainly on climbing lots of routes at lower difficulty. One method Dave and I use to train for 24HHH is to climb up and down each route. (although we didn't do that yesterday on our first day back)
When possible we also like to link a couple of routes in a row. That extends the time on the wall and helps with the endurance required for 24HHH. So now that we are climbing again this is what my training schedule looks like....

Monday - Rock-fit workout #1 (core, shoulders, legs)
Tuesday - run & Climb!
Wednesday - Rock-fit workout #2 (core, shoulders, arms)
Thursday - run & CLIMB!!
Friday - Rock-fit workout #3 (core, shoulders, back & arms)
Saturday - REST
Sunday - Bike 20+ miles

No comments:

Post a Comment