Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Pinnacle

Today's workout was a simple one. Hike up the steep side of Pinnacle Mountain, down the main trail and around the base. The keys is to wear a pack with a little weight in it, and to try and do the whole thing as quicly as possible. If felt good to get the heart beating that hard. My shoulder is still not feeling very good. I got my free medical advice from some of the med-students at the gym, and they agree with my diagnosis of an injured rotator cuff. So I am taking a week or two off from climbing and doing what I can to rehabilitate it. In the mean time, we will hike and do as much cardio as possible. During the 24 HHH comp it is important to be able to hike up to the climbs with out getting winded, or to make a quick run across the canyon when you need to switch areas. Anytime that your team is not climbing, is time wasted!

No comments:

Post a Comment